Waterside Wins First Place in Soccer!
Turkey Bowl Tournament
November 21, 2013
Waterside Dinner Commemorating 1 Year of Strength after Hurricane Sandy!
In Recognition of the First Anniversary of the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 2:45- 3:30pm
Waterside Family Orientation
August 28th, 2013
Two sessions: 10am and 1pm
Come start the year off in the right way!
Waterside PTA Meeting
to be held on
Tuesday June 18th, 2013 at 5:30pm!
Join us for our first Annual Art Show and Dinner!
June 19th, 2013 from 5-7pm
Attention: All 6th and 7th Grade Families!!
Sign up for the Waterside LEAD program:
6th and 7th grade scholars receive early preparation for Specialized High School Exams, Integrated Algebra and Advance Placement coursework!
Please call us at 718-634-1128 to receive an application!
Waterside PTA Meeting
Tuesday May 14th, 2013
Combined with our Mandatory Senior Meeting for All of our Waterside 8th Grade Families!
All 8th grade girls receive free graduation and prom dresses!
Waterside Celebrates Spirit Week with
Mismatched Day, Pajama Day, sports and more!
Congratulations to our scholars on a successful finish to State Testing!
Howard For really stepping up their game last week. Everyone did well and we got a lot accomplished. Mr. Fischler
Julia Rojas, Melissa Campos, Bederlin Galvaz, Carlos Barrera, Olega Mathieu, Michael Mendizbal. For great participation and for supporting each other Mrs. Palermo
Kendra Greene For improving in behavior. Mr. Burns
Tishanna Craddock & Alexis Johnson For coming up during lunch and getting ahead in their work. Mr. Salerno
Matthew Smith For exemplifying the A in L E A D E R. Ms. Gordon
Iij Fulwood For the highest grade on Friday’s test for the entire 8th grade. Ms. Antoine
Mubarak Mohammed & Alaysha Craddock For handing in their essay early for review and then revising their essay with corrections discussed with the teacher. Mrs. Feeney
Alex Custodio For asking for help and staying after school for extra assistance. A hard working scholar who tries very hard. Mrs. Forbes
Mario Rivera Is improving and trying very hard on his assignments. Mr. Rosefort
Aylex Ocasio Keep
up the good work! For demonstrating leadership qualities by not being a
follower and consistently following school rules and procedures! Ms. Hickey
Waterside Scholars are knocking down
ALL Obstacles to Success!
What can you do to ensure your child continues to do well at Waterside?
1. Check your child’s progress regularly at www.engrade.com. Engrade is a free and easy way to see posted grades, missing work and upcoming assignments online.
2. Speak with your child about his or her progress reports which are mailed home every two weeks!
3. Email the teachers at www.watersideschoolforleadership.com to ask what your child can do to improve his or her scores.
4. Enroll your child in Millenium afterschool or Homework Club to ensure that your child is completing his or her assignments.
5. Check your child’s planner and HW every night! This will also alert you to upcoming tests and quizzes. If there is nothing written in the planner, something is wrong!
Friday, March 07, 2014